Our translucent wall and roof systems allow you to provide the benefits of natural daylight while avoiding the distraction of viewing the outside world. These systems are great for:
- Maintenance facilities
- Clerestory windows
- Pool enclosures
- Any large building where light is needed but clear glass isn’t desired.
Our Translucent Systems
Thermal Sky 275
This energy saving system is a 2.75″ thick structural sandwich panel system. Each panel consists of 2 layers of 16 mm multiwall polycarbonate divided by an I-beam extruded from 6061-T6 aluminum. Standard panels are 4′, 5′ and 6′ wide.
- Large panels – up to 6′ x 20′
- Many LEED credits
- Fast Installation
- Thermally broken frame system
- Light weight
- UV resistant coatings
- Decorative grid patterns, standard is 1′ x 2′
- Standard color options: clear/clear, clear/opal, opal/clear, opal/opal
- Optional colors (any combination with clear or opal): bronze, gray, green, blue
- Can be used in walls or roof systems
- Minimal slope: 2 1/2″
- Can be installed into most of our structural frame systems
Thermal Sky 400
This heavyweight translucent system is designed similar to our Thermal Sky 275 but with a 4″ profile. This allows support for heavier wind and snow loads. The Thermal Sky 400 has all the same features and benefits of Thermal Sky 275 listed above.
Sky View 40
Our most economical translucent wall system, this multi-wall polycarbonate system uses a 40mm interlocking tongue and groove wall panel. The structure eliminates the need for an intermediate frame system. The panels are clipped from behind to the structural members. It is a very clean, attractive wall system that installs quickly.
- Thermally broken perimeter frame
- Colors: clear, opal, green, bronze and blue
- UV resistant coating
- Installs quickly
- 10 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Zero burn rate
- Fire reaction meets ASTM-D635 code
When you need a cost effective method to build an energy efficient structure you’ll find that polycarbonate is not only cheaper than glass, it allows diffused light to enter spaces.
With natural light, energy costs are reduced while providing building occupants with a comfortable ambiance.
Specially formulated to suit performance requirements of municipal building codes across North America, panels are available in thicknesses from 8mm to 40mm. These panels can withstand high winds and, when constructed correctly, heavy snow loads. Polycarbonate provides excellent impact resistance and durability in a range of colors to enhance any building project.