Review the list below then click the button for the next step:
This is a list of suggested equipment for a level 1 greenhouse. The equipment package is functional but simple, designed for elementary and middle schools that will be introducing young students to the horticultural and agricultural industries. You may find that some of the items in the level 1 package are not necessary based on your greenhouse design. This package comes with all the features and benefits of an architectural grade greenhouse.
Side Wall Vents
Allows fresh air intake at the lower level of the greenhouse. Suggested quantity of 1 per 4′ of side wall.
- Aluminum framed, awning hinged windows with fiberglass screens.
- Typically 3′ wide x 2′ tall
- Manual crank out operation
- Must be used in conjunction with roof exhaust fans
Roof Exhaust Fans
Used to remove hot air from the greenhouse by drawing air in through the lower wall vents and up through the roof exits. Suggested quantity of 1 for every 3 or 4 side wall vents.
- Small, quiet exhaust fan with insulated damper
- Approximately 27″ wide by 13″ tall replacing a glass panel of 36″ wide and 18″ tall
- 110V with manual switch, thermostat or humidistat
- Must be used in conjunction with side wall vents
Provides access in and out of the greenhouse, may be considered a “fire exit.” One as needed per project.
- Aluminum framed, narrow stile commercial door
- Typically 3′ wide by 7′ tall
- Includes push / pull hardware
- Panic hardware available
- Double doors at 42″ wide or 6′ wide available
Horizontal Air Flow (HAF) Fans
Used in pairs to create gentle, horizontal air circulation. Suggested quantity of 2 per 750 square feet floor area.
- Wire basket frame around fan for rafter suspension
- 12″ diameter size
- 115V with manual (switch) activation
Keep plants alive and people comfortable during Winter months. Ask for assistance with suggested usage.
- Ceiling suspended unite heater (natural gas or LP available)
- 115V, thermostat activated
- Heat may be supplied by adjacent building’s primary heat system if controlled separately.
- Gas heaters require gas piping and venting duct work
Comfort Glide™ shades for the roof area using our exclusive built in shade tracks. We suggest shades for every West facing bay for optimal greenhouse comfort.
- Width to match bay for length of roof
- Manual pull cord operation
- Select your preferred fabric and color
- Reduces glare and excessive heat during warmer months
- Provides insulation and insulates on colder nights
Provide a growing area for the plants. Typically used around the perimeter and in the center of the greenhouse.
- 3′ tall by 3′ wide
- Available in lengths of 3′, 4′ and 6′
Potting or Work Tables
An area to work with plants and for study. Suggest two to three per average size greenhouse.
- 36″ tall x 30″ wide
- Available in 48″ or 60″ long
- Optional sink and lower half shelf available
Equipment by Other Trades to Consider
Water Supply: Multiple water spigots with watering and misting hoses.
Floor Drains: At least one per greenhouse will ease clean up considerably.