Our translucent wall and roof systems allow you to provide the benefits of natural daylight while avoiding the distraction of viewing the outside world. These systems are great for:
- Maintenance facilities
- Clerestory windows
- Pool enclosures
- Any large building where light is needed but clear glass isn’t desired.
Our Translucent Systems
Thermal Sky is our premier translucent system. This energy-saving system is a 2.75″ thick structural sandwich panel system. Each panel consists of 2 layers of 16 mm multiwall polycarbonate divided by an I-beam extruded from 6061-T6 aluminum. Standard panels are 4′, 5′, and 6′ wide. Custom widths are available.
- Two layers of 16 mm polycarbonate
- Large panels – up to 6′ x 20′
Superior to RFP (reinforced fiberglass panels)
- Will not fiber bloom
- No required maintenance
- 10-year standard manufacturer’s warranty
- Self-supporting up to 8′ under most loads
- Fast Installation
- Thermally enhanced frame system
- UV resistant coatings
- Decorative grid patterns, the standard is 1′ x 2′
- Standard color options: clear/clear, clear/opal, opal/clear, opal/opal
- Optional colors (any combination with clear or opal): plus bronze, gray, green, blue
- Can be used in walls or roof systems
- Minimal slope: 2″ to 12″ or 10 degrees
- Can be installed into most of our structural frame systems
LEED credits are available with this product. Contact us for further information.
Certifications & Test Reports:
- Polycarbonate panels have been tested to the following specifications.
- ASTM D638-03 – Tensile properties of plastic
- ASTM E84-01 – Standard flame spread test
- ASTM D635-98 – Standards for the rate of burning
- ASTM G154-04 – Standard practice for operating fluorescent light and UV exposure
- ASTM E313-00 – Practice calculating yellowness and whiteness
- ASTM E308-01 – Test method for computing colors of objects by using the CIE system
- ASTM E 133`-96 – Reflectance factor and color by spectrophotometer
- ASTM D 790-03 – Test method for flexural properties of unreinforced and reinforced plastics
ThermaLite Plus Wall Systems
ThermaLite Plus is a translucent wall system for the primary purpose of creating a cost-effective method to build an energy-efficient, structural wall that allows translucent (diffused) light to enter a designated space. Typically used in large open buildings that are traditionally dark and difficult to illuminate. Commercial building applications include manufacturing and maintenance facilities, warehouses, schools, gymnasiums, and large hallways; often in clerestory configurations
- Panels in widths of 23 11/16″, lengths and heights customized to fit job site requirements.
- LEED credits available
- Fast Installation
- Thermally broken frame system
- High-performance UV coating
- Standard color options: clear/clear, clear/white, white/clear, white/white, bronze/clear & bronze/bronze
- Colors blue, gray, and green are also available
- Can be used in vertical wall applications
- Panels are virtually unbreakable and are recommended in high crime or heavy hail areas.
Sky View 40
Our most economical translucent wall system, this multi-wall polycarbonate system uses a 40mm interlocking tongue and groove wall panel. The structure eliminates the need for an intermediate frame system. The panels are clipped from behind to the structural members. It is a very clean, attractive wall system that installs quickly.
- Thermally broken perimeter frame
- Colors: clear, opal, green, bronze, and blue
- UV resistant coating
- Installs quickly
- 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Zero burn rate
- Fire reaction meets ASTM-D635 code
When you need a cost-effective method to build an energy-efficient structure you’ll find that polycarbonate is not only cheaper than glass, it allows diffused light to enter spaces.
With natural light, energy costs are reduced while providing building occupants with a comfortable ambiance.
Specially formulated to suit the performance requirements of municipal building codes across North America, panels are available in thicknesses from 8mm to 40mm. These panels can withstand high winds and, when constructed correctly, heavy snow loads. Polycarbonate provides excellent impact resistance and durability in a range of colors to enhance any building project.