This information is provided as an overview. You’ll be able to easily specify your choice in our editable specs.
For standard glazing on our metal framed skylights, we recommend hi-performance coatings.
SilverCoat E-366 or Solaban 70XL Insulated glass – This type of glass is the most cost effective hi-performance glass we offer. There are virtually endless glass options available and we can supply all of them. However, we have found this glass is a good 1st choice for most applications. It has very good energy performance ratings and comes with a great 10 year warranty.
See our glass performance ratings . Our standard make up is ¼” clear fully tempered glass over 1/4 “clear HS laminated with a .060 inter-layer.
Note: Glass thickness will increase as the glass panels grow in size.
Options: We purchase from all glass manufacturers.
- Color and tints (bronze grey, blue, green, etc.)
- Thickness, the larger the panel of glass the thicker it becomes
- Hi-performance coatings from: Viracon, Cardinal, PPG, Guardian, Pilkington, and Old Castle
- Inner layer films: .090, Hurricane Films
- Ultra clear glass for maximum growing and light transmission property
- Decorative ceramic frit coatings
- Internal and external grids
We do not recommend single pane glass or insulated glass without low-e coatings for skylights above conditioned spaces. They are acceptable options for canopies and walkway covers.
Note: Our Barrel Ridge skylight is not available with polycarbonate glazing due to the curved glazing at the ridge.