Living in a retirement community comes with plenty of benefits including no maintenance, social activities, elegant dining and for some lucky residents lots and lots of sunshine.
Exposure to natural light rather than artificial lights has serious physical and mental health benefits for people no matter what their age, but seniors particularly reap the benefits of living their daily lives surrounded by the sun. Some of those benefits include elevated mood, increased creativity, lowered blood pressure and reduced anxiety.
Another major benefit is increased Vitamin D. Many seniors experience a drop in this vitamin as they age, which can lead to lack of sleep, loss in bone density, increased risk for diabetes and in some cases early onset dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. While there are risks for too much sun, those dangers can be easily remedied with sunscreen, hats and sunglasses.
One way to get that extra dose of Vitamin D is through the use of skylights, solariums and greenhouses. Crystal Structures specializes in unique projects designed to let the sunshine in. Contact us today and we can work with you to design your next retirement community project.
Our senior living community projects include:
- Crestavilla Senior Living Center – Laguna Niguel, CA
- Byron Park Retirement – San Francisco, CA
- Carriage Manor – Waterbury, CT
- Wheaton Senior Living Center – Wheaton, IL
- Assisted Living Center – Elkhart, KS
- Carmel Manor Home – Ft. Thomas, KY
- Andover Senior Living – Andover, MA
- Lewis Senior Living Center – Auburn Hills, MI
- Valley Nursing Home – Thief River Falls, MN
- Mercer County Geriatric – Trenton, NJ
- Raton Senior Center – Raton, NM
- Open Hands Adult Care – Santa Fe, NM
- Merrill Hills Manor – Waukesha, WI