Point Supported Glass Canopies
Many consider point-supported canopies to be the most attractive of all canopies. They offer a clean, streamlined presentation that results in a modern European appearance. Unfortunately, they are usually the most expensive to produce because of the additional engineering that is often required.
Features and benefits of our point-supported canopies
- A very attractive appearance
- Glass allows you to “see the sky” and let more light pass through.
- Aluminum framing helps the canopy stay cleaner resulting in less maintenance
- Solid and hd stainless steel stand-offs
- There are many glass colors available (clear, bronze, gray, green, blue and etc.)
- Heat-strengthened, laminated glass is used for safety.
- Our standard inner layer is .060 thick, reducing breakage while adding safety
- 4 weepage channels to help protect against leaks and allows condensation to drain
- Frames are available in bronze or white paint or in anodized clear or dark bronze. Both finishes carry a 10-year warranty
- Snap-on pressure caps hide unsightly screws and eliminate future dirt tracks
- All canopies are designed and stamped by an engineer licensed in your state
- Tempered, laminated glass for increased strength and safety
- A hurricane-rated inner layer of 0.90
- SentryGard inner layer protects exposed edges and provides additional strength
- Large and oversized glass panels available to make your canopy even more impressive
- White laminated inner layer provides a translucent appearance
- Optional frame finishes available
- Decorative ceramic frit coating: lines, dots, holes or custom designs
Call 1-800-222-1598 for design assistance or complete the form on the right.
- Review common design shapes
We recommend a pitch of 2/12 or greater to reduce cleaning.
- View stand-off samples & details
Ratings are based on a 25lb live and 90 mph wind subject to change.
CSI Code: 10 73 16.36
Specs for canopy*: PDF Version || Editable Word Version
Contact Us for Design Assistance
Note: Specs provided represent our standards for the CSI section 086300 for Metal Framed Skylights; all specs are editable and can be modified per project and or for custom modifications. Specs and details are subject to change without notice, contact us if you have any questions.